Albert Wickham - Frances Pearson Hartfield Parish Church A wedding of considerable local interest took place at the Hartfield Parish Church on Saturday when Miss Frances Pearson, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs R Pearson of Tye Lodge, Hartfield, was married to Mr Albert Wickham, youngest son of Mr and Mrs W Wickham of Brickyard Cottage, Blackham. The Rev H A James conducted the service which was choral. Mr T Floyd was at the organ and as the bride entered the church, he played the Bridal Chorus. The hymns were Love divine all loves excelling and Thine for ever. Mendelssohn’s Wedding March was played at the close. The bride, who was given away by her father, was attired in white satin with veil and coronet of orange blossom. Her ornament was a string of pearls and she carried a bouquet of pink and white carnations. Leaving the church the bride was presented with a heather horse-shoe by her cousin, little Valerie Pearson. There were three bridesmaids – the Misses Elsie and Winnie Pearson (the bride’s sisters) and Miss Gladys Wickham (sister of the bridegroom). The Misses Pearson were attired in pale blue silk ray-de- chine and had head-dresses of silver leaves. The younger attendant was in pink satin with a silver head dress. They carried bouquets of yellow chrysanthemums and wore crystal necklaces the gifts of the bridegroom. Mr Jessie Wickham, the bridegroom’s brother, was the best man. A reception at the Anchor Hotel was attended by about 50 guests and the future home of the couple will be East Grinstead Lodge, Blackham. There followed a long list of gifts. Kent & Sussex Courier 9 November 1934
Home Page Home Page Weddings Weddings
Follow us on twitter @blackhamvillage
Join our Facebook Group
01274 584295